Chemotherapy services are offered at RCCs member hospitals, Saint Vincent Hospital and UPMC. The Saint Vincent Infusion Center is on the first floor of the Hardner Building located at 2315 Myrtle Street, Erie, PA 16502, behind the hospital emergency department. The UPMC CancerCenter, Medical Oncology at UPMC Hamot is located on the sixth floor of UPMC Hamot at 201 State Street, Erie, PA 16550. RCC patients have a choice as to which hospital they prefer to receive chemotherapy services.
- Notify any other doctors who treat you that you are receiving treatment at member hospitals
- It is important to maintain contact and keep appointments with your family physician — he or she will be responsible for your overall health care.
- Maintain contact and keep appointments with other specialists who are treating you for other health problems.
- Feel free to bring a favorite blanket, afghan or comforter from home for use during your treatment. Warming blankets are provided at member hospitals.
- You are welcome to bring along snacks, beverages and lunches to enjoy during treatment. Meals are also available for order at member hospitals.
- A friend or family member is welcome to bring in a lunch or snacks for you as well.
- Up to two people may be with you during the treatment.
- Bringing personal MP3 players, tablets, laptops, books, video games, etc., may make the treatment time more pleasant. Guest wireless internet is available.
- There are televisions in the treatment room at member hospitals.
- Surveys will be sent out to patients after the start of treatment; please take some time to fill it out so we can better serve our patients.
- New schedules are created at the time of the physician visit and are often mailed to you.
- The schedule ranges from a physician visit to the next physician visit.
- Copays are due upon check-in.
- We do our best to accommodate treatment appointment requests based on scheduling availability.
- You will not see your physician every visit. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants called physician extenders manage your care along with your doctor.
- Required lab work will be scheduled 1-2 days prior to each treatment, unless the treatment is weekly.
Saint Vincent Hospital (SVH) will provide free valet parking. The valet is located at the front door. You will have the option to drop off your vehicle there or park in the nearby garage with validated parking.
The UPMC CancerCenter, Medical Oncology at UPMC Hamot will provide free valet parking at the main lobby. There will also be a concierge available to escort you to your appointment.
Meet Your Treatment Team
An experience with cancer can be challenging, both physically and emotionally. To help patients and families meet these challenges Regional Cancer Center offers a full range of services addressing the medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs that may arise.