- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 2 Tbls. softened margarine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. olive or vegetable oil
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut bread loaf horizontally in half. Place halves, cut sides up, on a cookie sheet.
Brush with softened margarine. Top with tomatoes, olives, basil and cheese.
Mix garlic and oil. Drizzle oil mixture over cheese. Bask 15 minutes or until cheese just begins to brown.
Cut into slices.