Noel Burgoyne was a member of the committee that planned The RCC’s 25th anniversary gala fundraising event. “My working on our spectacular event was my way of saying thank you to the cancer center ...
read more »
The Regional Cancer Center invites you to become a volunteer, working directly with patients, their families, and Center support staff. Your personal touch and extra attention can make a difference for people. You would assist patients and/or family members in dealing with their concerns, provide educational resources and offer support.
In addition to their regularly scheduled times, the volunteers also help with Celebration of Life event activities, Daffodil Days, and holiday decorating of the cancer center. The volunteers are honored twice per year with a special thank you event.
For more information, please contact:
The Regional Cancer Center
2500 West 8th Street
Erie, PA 16505
(814) 838-9000 / (800) 477-6647
For mutually satisfying volunteer services, all volunteers shall:
- learn the details of their assignment, accepting necessary instructions, training and supervision
- work cooperatively with Center staff and other volunteers to provide the best service for the patients
- respect all patient information as confidential
- maintain interest and enthusiasm
- present a neat appearance
- be at least twenty-one years of age
- be in good physical and mental health
- provide a minimum of four hours’ service bi-weekly
- exhibit a willingness to accept all rules and regulations that govern all volunteers, especially confidentiality
- be as flexible as possible in regard to scheduling
- complete an applications, participate in a personal interview and training sessions
- complete application form; return it to the volunteer coordinator
- participate in orientation and training program
- Note: Generally, this program is not open to patients under treatment or within one to two years of follow-up, nor to those who have lost a family member to cancer within the past year.