- Home »
- Employment Opportunities
The Regional Cancer Center has been bringing expert cancer care close to home for patients in the northwestern Pennsylvania region since 1987 and is affiliated with UPMC Cancer Centers, one of the largest integrated community networks of cancer physicians and health care specialists in the country. The Regional Cancer Center’s working relationship with UPMC Cancer Centers facilitates an exchange of information to integrate our community cancer center with the resources of one of the top academic programs in the country, collaborating to bring comprehensive and state-of-the-art treatment innovations and services to our patients.
Applicants are selected for positions on the basis of their qualifications to fill established requirements for a position, including their customer service orientation. At RCC we are committed to employ the best-qualified person for each job regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual preference, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Registers patient demographic and insurance information into the EMR, verifies insurance coverage, obtains referrals and collects co-pays.
- Greets/checks in all patients. Reviews demographic information and enters new and updated information into the computer. “Q’s” pt for appointment. Logs in all visitors to RCC.
- Opens the Registration Dept, counts cash drawers and requests change from bank.
- Registers new patients. Screens and identifies those pts who could benefit from meeting with the Financial Counselor. Scans demographic and insurance information into the electronic record.
- Verifies insurance eligibility via HDX and or websites and phone.
- Obtains and maintains referrals for office visits. Track office visit referrals expirations to make sure services will be covered.
- Collects copayments and patient payments, records and balances in Upay.
- Reviews and follows up on departmental reports.
- Rotates as switchboard operator when needed.
- Receives, screens and directs all incoming calls from the rollover lines.
- Other duties as assigned to support the patient Registration/Scheduling department.
Education: High school graduate. Computer skills necessary including data entry and email.
Job Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of government and private insurance programs. Previous work experience with health insurance, verification and registration.
Click here to apply
Cancer Registry Technician
Position Summary: Responsible for performing all follow-up and casefinding functions of the Cancer Registry department in accordance with the standards of the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. Coordinates and has oversight responsibility for volunteer activities within the department. Provides clerical support for all aspects of the Cancer Registry department.
High school graduate, completion of a NCRA-Accredited Associate Degree Program or a NCRA-Accredited Formal Education Certificate Program preferred. Prior training or experience in medical terminology as well as Human Anatomy and Physiology required. Minimum of two years experience in medical/health care setting. Requires prior knowledge and/or experience with computerized data entry. Must have good communication skills and organizational skills. Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple activities and respond to unexpected changes in workload. Must be capable of learning and applying new knowledge. Good attention to detail is necessary in order to be proficient. Must be able to travel to other facilities on a routine basis.
Click here to apply